View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 01:00 PM   #24
sureshs
Bionic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by coaching32yrs View Post
I am not a fan of WBryan's. He singled me out at a presentation he gave a couple years back because I wouldn't clap and singalong to his lame guitar playing. He continued to belittle me the entire presentation. But he does have a point here. I see most of the American boys matches at the USO. Never see Higueras there. Never see PMac there. Never seen PMac at a supernational. Did see Higueras once- he was there to watch one player. I learned a long time ago that the person on the work floor managing day in day out- that's the person really in charge. In USTA PD that person is Jay Berger. He's always there watching, talking to coaches, talking to parents. WB wants the coaches in the trenches in charge. PM and JH are not even at the biggest events, let alone in the trenches.
PMac will be busy with his commentating duties during the USO. Re: his not being around, CEOs are not usually around when the people are working in the trenches. They should not be - their job is to network with their peers and bring in more business.

I don't support PMac, don't get me wrong. When I pointed out how Taylor Townsend was treated, lots of people were upset on this forum. But not supporting PMac does not mean you have to support Wayne Bryan.

I am sure Bryan has valid points. He can make those points without the rest of the politics and be less sarcastic. One gets the feeling that if he is in charge, he will behave just like the others do.