View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 02:54 PM   #58
fpeliwo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torres View Post
How much travelling do you do? Are you away every week or do you still manage to spend say 50% of the time still at home? Do your parents accompany you along with a coach? Would be interested in hearing about the logistical, itinerary, travelling, time side of things.

Slightly awkward question but how much does all that global travelling cost? Presumably your family is quite wealthy?
I would say I'm away about 60% of the year. My parents never really accompany me on the trips, as its quite expensive.

I actually don't take care of the travel arrangements, as Tennis Canada does that for me. They pay for pretty much everything, including flights, hotels, training. Without them I would not be able to travel like I have been for the past few years.

My parents are far from wealthy, in fact they went into debt trying to support my tennis before Tennis Canada provided me with funding. All in all I am extremely fortunate to be able to play on the tour, and would not be able to if not for Tennis Canada's support, so I'd like to thank them.
fpeliwo is offline   Reply With Quote