View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 02:02 PM   #65
Prisoner of Birth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpeliwo View Post
It's a tough question to answer, as the reasons for either success or failure are quite different for everyone. Some players didn't succeed were that they didn't train hard enough, others were set back because of injuries, and some others just never had what it takes to be a top pro from the start.

My short term goals are to be around the top 500 by the end of this year, while the ultimate goal is to be the #1 player in the world and winning Grand Slams.

I first tried playing tennis around the age of 5, but I didnt start playing on a regular basis until I was 7 or 8. Even then I only played a few times a week. I would say I got a lot more serious about my training when I was 10 or 11 years old. I don't really remember how much I played exactly back then, but it wasn't as much as I needed to, as I had trouble finding hitting partners.

At the moment, a typical training day would include around 4 hours of tennis and 2 hours of fitness, although this can vary greatly depending on what we are focusing on at any given time.

My dad definitely deserves most of the credit for developing me until I started working with Tennis Canada, midway through the year I turned 15. Afterwards, I started working with Guillaume Marx and Jocelyn Robichaud, who are still my coaches at the moment, as well as Kieran Foy as my fitness trainer.

That last question is also tough to answer, as it really depends on the player's needs at the time. I would say its good to do about 50% lessons and 50% matchplay and sparring with other players, typically.
It'll be great to see that happen. Keep at it, you're shooting for the moon!
Prisoner of Birth is offline   Reply With Quote