View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 03:30 PM   #57
Number1Coach
Banned

"Ajax puts young players into a competitive caldron, a culture of constant improvement in which they either survive and advance or are discarded. It is not what most would regard as a child-friendly environment, but it is one that sorts out the real prodigies — those capable of playing at an elite international level — from the merely gifted."

"He was particularly useful in translating a culture that was nothing like I had ever seen in many years of reporting on American sports. When I observed that for all the seriousness of purpose at De Toekomst, I was surprised that the players did not practice more hours or play more games, Rooi said: “Of course, because they do not want to do anything to injure them or wear them out. They’re capital. And what is the first thing a businessman does? He protects his capital.”

Wow they are basicly teaching these kids in the 1st quote that they are not their to have fun "not a child friendly environment"

And in the 2nd quote they dont have nothing to prove early on but to protect the investment ,,,NOW i ask where have we heard that from for the last 4 or 5 years ???

Great article on how to build a tennis player OOPS I meant soccer player !!

Man I should have went to college to learn what those soccer guys are doing ,I could have done that with DB wait I have been !

Last edited by Number1Coach : 10-10-2012 at 03:32 PM.