View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #1605
MarksAlot
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvaudio View Post
I honestly have no idea why Luxilon made two gauges of the string. That makes no sense at all to me.

A question for you though, why are you using power pads on the poly mains, just to damp the feel a bit?
I initially tried the 4G in an all 16 setup. Just thought I'd try this out if it would give me a tiny, tiny, tiny bit more bite. Haven't played with it much yet, other than light hitting. I loved this strings ball pocketing. If my local shop had a 17 I would've used that in the mains.

I know it doesn't make sense to have powerpads without a gut or multifilament, but I have been using them since high school (late 90's). I have been demoing full bed polys the past 3-4 months.In the initial all 16 4G string Job I didn't have the power pads in there. I put them back on because I missed the signature, I can only call a "creaky snap" on impact. It wasn't for a deader feel, it was just the sound and response it gave me which always gave me confidence when hitting the ball. I used to use multifilament mains, and I never used dampeners. Maybe its just an old habit I just can't break?!
MarksAlot is offline   Reply With Quote