View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #82
TheFifthSet
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90's Clay View Post
The point is matchups I think. Which is the name of the game here and maybe mental fortitude and toughness.. Djoker can rally with Nadal outdoors and he doesn't have the same mental funk vs. Nadal that Fed has.

Djoker isn't that great of a clay courter anyways. So 2-12 vs. Rafa on clay, isn't a huge surprise. I never said, Pete would have a ton of wins on Nadal on clay did I? . Clay is clearly Nole's weakest surface. He can't slide and defend the same as he can on hards. And his serve (especially the 2nd serve isn't up to par). Pete still has that serve in his arsenal and can hit the cover the ball. So even if hes outmatched by a better clay court, you still couldn't sleep on him because his shots,and especially serve was wayyy more potent then Nole's is.
If missing points were a sport, you would be phenomenal at it. Just stop with the strawmans lol. Half (or more) of the time when you think I'm implying something, I'm really not. No need to over-complicate things.

Also, Djoker is much better on clay than Sampras. 2 Rome titles, 6-7 claycourt titles at 25, 3 Semi's at RG and a final, MC final and Madrid title. And many many more years to further increase the lead. Yet he is still only 2-12, and 0-4 at RG.

Quote:
Big hitters tend to trouble Nadal more at times. Even on clay (see Soderling and Isner).
2 matches in 8 years. It's funny how say "see Soderling and Isner", as if there are many more examples, when there clearly aren't. It's still taking time for this statement to kick in. Do you realize how wrong you are?

Last edited by TheFifthSet : 10-10-2012 at 06:54 PM.
TheFifthSet is offline   Reply With Quote