View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 08:34 AM   #1614
LanEvo
Hall Of Fame

Send a message via AIM to LanEvo Send a message via Yahoo to LanEvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoJack View Post
Wowzers. I just can't bite my tongue on this one. Playing with Kevlar is like smoking. It might not get ya the day after, or in a week, or month... But it WILL get you. Playing with Kevlar in Pure Drive? That's just crazy talk. Like many others who called this thread home, my 3 month stint with the PD ended with a bad case of TE, (my first case, and I've been playing since age 8 ) and I moved on. It seems the few holdouts still remaining here are determined to join the post PD walking wounded club.

Sorry for the drama, but it really puts a burr in my saddle when I see folks recommending putting a string that has been scientifically observed to be 2.5 - 3 times stiffer than the stiffest poly, into one of the stiffest frames on the market. That is akin to getting down on your hands and knees, and begging the tennis Gods for injury.

If you need Kevlar to keep the ball in the court, perhaps you have got the wrong racquet, lack the technique for producing topspin, or both.

-Jack
I like it be of the feelings you get with ball pocketing, I have used it in the past, no problems... I have poly in the plus version right now, it's good. I am specific on ploys though, some are too soft and slippery ie Black Code, while some play nicer like Heptonic.