Thread: Swollen knee
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 12:59 PM   #1
*Val*
Semi-Pro

Default Swollen knee

Hi guys

I'm having an issue with a really swollen (left) knee and need some advice. I don't think I hurt it playing tennis, but since tennis is my sport I thought I'd come here.

The thing is, I'm not sure how I've hurt it, I think I may have bashed it but I can't fully remember. I just noticed it was hurting the past couple of days and now its really sore/swollen. That is, the kneecap is swollen/protruding (I can prod it and it feels swollen/with a soft, painful layer).

It doesn't really hurt when I'm walking/moving, so I'm hoping that is a sign it isn't a mechanical injury, and I as I said I think I recall knocking/bashing it against something, but I guess I didn't fully register it at the time. Last time I played tennis was sunday. Other than that I've done some trekking, I was wearing my walking boots which are quite solid and walking on concrete for some time (with superfeet blue in them which are also quite hard), I don't know if that could have caused it.

So any knee experts on TW? Sound like a mechanical injury or just a knock? Would I have to wait for all the swelling to go to play tennis again? Thanks