View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 06:48 AM   #37
Mainad
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangalak View Post
Nobody says that he should LIKE losing. We are ****ging him off for swearing and *****ing even in regular, not particularly frustrating matches, like this one.
Not particularly frustrating? He was a set and a break down. That's plenty frustrating when you're not playing your best tennis.

Quote:
How often do you see Federer or Nadal cuss like a sailor CONSTANTLY like a hooligan?
Not noticed Federer, although he often takes his frustrations out on the crowd (Shut Up! Be quiet! etc,) but Nadal does it in Spanish of course while Djokovic often screams things in Serbian that would make Murray sound like a choirboy!

Quote:
If all he did was "making sour faces" this thread wouldn't exist.
I wouldn't bet on it.

Quote:
I mean, good God.
Good God is about right. I'm not defending his use of swear words but do me a favour, he's hardly alone is he? Connors, McEnroe, Hewitt, Roddick, Haas, Fish, Agassi all immediately spring to mind and I've already referred to Rafa and Nole's ability to use their native languages so as to make it not so obvious.

Murray may cuss a bit but he doesn't spend time abusing line umpires (like Nalbandian at Queens) or smashing up benches (like Djokovic at FO final) . So why all of a sudden is he the worst thing ever to appear on a tennis court when there has been and continues to be much worse behaviour from other players that nobody sees fit to start outraged threads about!

If you don't like Murray (and nobody says you have to) and you don't approve of him for whatever reason, then refrain from watching him and talk about someone you do approve of in threads with a more positive spin instead of getting all worked up about one player as if he's just committed mass murder on centre court or something!