View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 10:28 AM   #2316
Kevin T
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Man View Post
Kevin:
I'm going to be in San Diego for a few days. Any notable Southern California Beers I should look out for? The last time I was there, we visited Green Flash, Ale Smith, and Pizza Port.
Thanks,
Z
Z,

Green Flash and Port Brewing are near the top for me and I'm sure you've tried Stone. I'm also a huge fan of Lost Abbey's Belgian-style beers (same company as Port Brewing), particularly Lost and Found and Judgement Day. Their brewery is in San Marcos up in north county, very close to Stone, so you could hit both easily. If you can find Alpine Brewing beers, give them a try. Their brewery is east of San Diego but the beers are pretty readily available. I'm also a big, big fan of Ballast Point Sculpin IPA. If you find yourself in Ocean Beach, go to their Pizza Port for good pies and an excellent tap beer selection a block from the beach. I'm in Norcal for the academic year, otherwise would love to meet up for a beer. Have fun!