Thread: Clay Court GOAT
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 02:30 PM   #1127
90's Clay
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki View Post
This thread could open a discussion about the changes in both, number of events and quickness of the surfaces.Letīs pick 1980īs and 2000īs.

Number of Events

Clay and grass keep more or less the same weight on the tour.But Hard is the official ATP current surface while it was indoors in the 80īs.it wouldnīt surprise me if there are so much hc events now as indoors back then and, also, as few indoor events now as hc events in the 80īs

QUICKNESS
Clay and hard have, more or less, similarly.maybe current hard is a little slower and current clay is a little faster but, on the long term, it doesnīt make a big difference to me.
The real differences are on grass and indoors.Nothing to see at all.Speed is absolutely changed.

I was watching some Muster from the French Open last night on youtube from 1995.. and if you look at the French Open then and watch some French Open play now.. Its much faster now.. Back then the French was playing like freakin Monte Carlo. No wonder some big hitters today are having more success at RG then they used to
90's Clay is offline   Reply With Quote