View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 07:27 PM   #461
toly
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlm View Post
Who cares about one stroke the point is she is a spotty player. I have watched her play and I think she is a good player and at times she is very good.

I enjoy watching her she is a good competitor but just like mentioned above she plays a little to risky at times and if she is off just a little she usually loses because her margin for error is to small.

The thing that I noticed is she hits the ball to flat without enough spin, that is why she is spotty. When on she can be very tough, but she needs more spin and net clearance to increase her consistency and wait for higher % opportunities to flatten her shots out.
Yes, one stroke probably means nothing, that’s why mathematicians invented statistic. Here are statistical data of men’s forehand topspin.

The most successful players are Peter Sampras and Andre Agassi, and they had mediocre topspin.
On other hand, Caroline Wozniacki can generate a lot of topspin, but cannot hit flatter FH. This perhaps explains her inconsistency in WTA ranking.
So, I think Li Na has the best FH for her game. If she adds topspin, her ranking may plummet to the bottom???
The same I think can be said about Sharapova and Clijsters.

Last edited by toly : 10-13-2012 at 07:48 PM.