View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 06:39 PM   #2320
Z-Man
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin T View Post
Z,

Green Flash and Port Brewing are near the top for me and I'm sure you've tried Stone. I'm also a huge fan of Lost Abbey's Belgian-style beers (same company as Port Brewing), particularly Lost and Found and Judgement Day. Their brewery is in San Marcos up in north county, very close to Stone, so you could hit both easily. If you can find Alpine Brewing beers, give them a try. Their brewery is east of San Diego but the beers are pretty readily available. I'm also a big, big fan of Ballast Point Sculpin IPA. If you find yourself in Ocean Beach, go to their Pizza Port for good pies and an excellent tap beer selection a block from the beach. I'm in Norcal for the academic year, otherwise would love to meet up for a beer. Have fun!
Having fun in San Diego. Decided to bring the family, which has cut down on beer adventures, but Lego Land and Balboa Park were awesome with the kids. So far, I'm most impressed with Ballast Point. They had the IPA at the zoo, which was a lifesaver. I also had a Karl Strauss Red Trolley, which was OK. I'm kind of surprised the restaurants here around the convention center don't have a better local craft selection. I think that really shows how far craft has to go. Places with 5 pages of wine and mixed drinks don't even have a draught box--and this is a great craft beef town! Will head out to the Gaslight district tomorrow to find some craftier spots.
Z-Man is offline   Reply With Quote