View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 02:20 AM   #304
chico9166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetah View Post
I've been a member of tennisplayer.net up until a few months ago. I agree it's an awesome site.

I didn't read it but I'm aware of his comments/article on the wrist flexation not being part of ssc. That's fine. He's probably right.

But I don't think he says that contact is made with a laid back wrist because of this does he? Because video evidence suggest otherwise. Unless as I said, going i/o. On cc or up the middle the big guys are contacting with a neutral wrist.

Look at any slow mo fed vid. He makes contact for a cc with a neutral wrist. The difference is he meets the ball a little earlier than he does going up the middle. No laid back wrist.
No Cheetah, you are correct. The wrist tends to be more neutral on outside/crosscourt shots. (makes sense as a player is trying to get the tip in front of the hand) The inside out forehand would be the polar opposite though, and one would tend to see the racquet head lag a little behind teh hand. And of course, everything in the middle.....It's sublte but there..