View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 12:18 PM   #39
floridatennisdude
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
I dunno- you watch a college singles practice for 2 hours and make deductions based on that? I don't know if you are trolling or are completely daft. The fact they practice for 2 hours doesn't mean they could hit for 4 hours if they wanted to. A lot of people that age (and older) are capable of playing 4 hours. Haven't you ever had to play two tournament matches in one day? Heck I played 3 tennis matches at a tournament in one day 2 singles and one doubles for a total of 6 hours+ of tennis.

With all of your "I remember playing A/Open tournaments back in the day with player blah, blah blah and I am good friends with Harold Solomon but I don't respect his game talk." I thought 4 hours would be nothing for you. Dude you are the motorcross/surf legend of TT that also led his varsity basketball team in rebounding at 5'5", don't let me down with 4 hours is too much tennis!
For a junior playing 14s, 4 hour sessions should be the norm. For college players, if they go all out for 2 hours...that's a heckuva load.

They might train that hard in the off season, but I doubt they are on the courts longer than 15 hours in a week and another 5 hrs on weights and conditioning.
floridatennisdude is offline   Reply With Quote