View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 03:11 PM   #45
goober
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridatennisdude View Post
For a junior playing 14s, 4 hour sessions should be the norm. For college players, if they go all out for 2 hours...that's a heckuva load.

They might train that hard in the off season, but I doubt they are on the courts longer than 15 hours in a week and another 5 hrs on weights and conditioning.
Who is thread directed at? College and elite level junior players? I would say that 99% posting on this forum are neither. We are talking about adult club players who don't have intense practice sessions.

Yes I agree that 4 hours of intense practice was a lot. I never claimed I was doing that. Did I say I was engaging in intense practices? LeeD is his usual self goes off on some tangent and threw that in there on his own, I simply said I have played 4 hours of singles in a day and I never said I did it regularly.

Anybody who plays tournaments will often have to play 4 hours in a day because you have to often play 2 matches in day. It is common and not that big of deal if you are in decent shape. Geez all this talk about Nadal only practicing 2 hours and D1 players only practicing 2 hours and some rec player claims to play 4 hours of singles in one day throws your panties into a bunch.
goober is offline   Reply With Quote