View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 09:13 AM   #4
tennis_pro
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeri888 View Post
Speed up the courts! Tennis is and should be primarily a technical rather than a physical sport. It is more on par with soccer, volleybal, table tennis, basketball and golf, than with rowing, cycling and running and swimming. As long as it stays that way, tennis will always be fairer. On the other hand, if the public, the audience, the tournaments want to see Djokovic-Nadal 6 hour war rallies, than you are co-responsible if tennis becomes a doping sport. I am not saying Djokovic and Nadal do it, but the circumstances make it very rewarding to dope. And it shouldn't be. Heterogenize the courts, speed a lot of them up, and make the balls lighter.
I agree completely.

I'd prefer watching 100% legit Karlovic-Isner servefests than some all-time great matches where (as it turns out later on) doping was involved. It's like watching an online battle between the best 2 players in the world in Unreal Tournament. Would it be fun to know that they used mods that allowed them to see through walls? Or would you rather enjoy a technically lower quality duel but between 2 non-cheating players?

Last edited by tennis_pro : 10-18-2012 at 09:18 AM.
tennis_pro is offline   Reply With Quote