Thread: God mode on...
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 11:52 AM   #11
namelessone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by underground View Post
WTF 2011 was definitely a better match for Fed. Not only the scoreline, in WTF he only produced 8 UEs as opposed to 20+ in IW.'

Notice how Fed now constantly uses heave top spin towards Rafa's BH, sort of like looping it and kicking it off the court. However he hits it dead flat to Rafa's FH. It sort of matches Fed's playing style, i.e. flat inside-outs and heavy top-spin inside-ins. Rafa likes to push insane angles with the BH so he probably couldn't do that easily with the topspin. And plus it's harder for him to moonball when the ball's coming dead fast down to your FH.
True and I think it's because Fed or his camp saw that Nadal's BH has become increasingly vulnerable. It hasn't been a weapon for Nadal since say, late 2010. He seems to arrive late many times on that side and simply pushes the ball back instead of pounding it(at times) like he did in the past. Also, I noticed that in their 2012 matches(but not only) Federer didn't get passed as often when attacking Nadal on his BH side like in the past even though he still ate some FH passers.

The reason why Nadal was so tough a couple of years ago is that he could pass with regularity from both sides.
namelessone is offline   Reply With Quote