View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 05:53 PM   #62
floridatennisdude
Hall Of Fame

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeD View Post
Bad analogy there, my friend.
BTW, DeanKarnazes is one of my friends from windsurf racing. Just 10 years ago, he was number one in those century runs thru the deserts.
We cannot physically run 100 miles. I can't run 6 miles in a whole day.
But standing on the court, I can easily play 10 doubles sets, albeit at 2/3 of my speed ().
Couple years ago, I'd play maybe 7 doubles sets, 4.0 level, then drive down to the beach and windsurf for 2 hours, a full session for even the established pro level windsurfers. Figure I can skip the windsurfing, and play 4 more sets anyday.
Have you ever tried windsurfing? It's not standing around taking one step back and forth.
100 miles isn't impossible. I might be near death trying to do something so extreme, but it can be done. Even if I paced 12 minute miles for 24 hours with a break every couple, I'd make it. There are world record holders in 24 hour and 48 hour runs that easily exceed 100 miles. Google: Edit Bérces. She went 369km in 48 hours.

No, I've never done windsurfing. Not much of a sea person. If I'm at the beach, there's a fruity beverage in my hand and a book in the other. Frankly, 7 sets alone sounds like pain...maybe at a low level, but not 4.5. I'd need 3-4 days off after that. Would much rather play 7 sets spread over 3 days (like I just did this week).
floridatennisdude is offline   Reply With Quote