View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 02:41 AM   #114
corners
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Player View Post
I used that stick in a rather open pattern (16x19) and I found that it was a great racquet for moving the ball around, but normal winners were tracked down.

Like Gads is saying, I have used pretty open patterns in the tfight 320 and yonex 200, and while they are both amazing sticks, my strokes produced "too much spin" many times and those types of balls never gave a player higher than 4.0 much of an issue. Now thats just on me and how I hit, I have always generated a lot of spin off my forehand. I just notice with a little tighter pattern in the BLX Blade, that my attacking shots are more often clean winners than before. Adding in this stiffness factor of the racquet I question if that much spin would really help my game personally.
Wilson claims that the data they have from players - they collected a whole new batch of data from Drak and whoever else participated in that playtest - showed an average increase of 141 rpms of topspin AND an average addition of 1.4 miles per hour to those shots. Usually extra spin comes at the cost of speed (switching from nylon to copoly strings, for example, might give you an extra 150 rpms but rob you of 2-3 miles per hour). But if you get both there is no downside, as long as control doesn't suffer.
corners is offline   Reply With Quote