View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 02:05 PM   #1
DEH
Rookie

Default WheatBelly Diet anyone?

Alright I have read so much about the Paleo Diet and on going Gluten free. Here is my little take on it. Last year I weighted 184lbs and I am 5'7". I have always been stocky unlike my brother that is also 5'7" and 140 lbs. So last year I found that I have a Gluten allergy or celiac disease. I don't know which one it is but as soon as I quit the Wheat all of my symptoms are gone. That was great I lost like 5lbs but I replaced it with carb loaded replacements. So my weight stalled out but I feel much better. So this last march I started to cut out most sugar. No more Soda Pops candy bar and what not. I lost another 5lbs. So I am down to about 175lbs or so. I stayed there until about August and I bought a Paleo magazine and started to cut as much grains out of my diet as possible. I am now down to 163lbs. I eat meat and vegs mostly and apple or and orange once a day and I am now starting to eat cheeses again. I have more energy than I have in a long time. I feel like I want to do something when I get home from work. So I ran across the WheatBelly Diet by Dr William Davis. I have been doing everything that he is talking about in that book and it is working for me. It is a hard diet to follow but once you get use to it it is very easy. I just had my blood work up done and it looks excellent. Now on a tennis related story to WheatBelly in the back of the book Dr. Davis is thanking has family and his daughter who just turned pro in Tennis and her name is Lauren. Good luck.
DEH is offline   Reply With Quote