View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 11:16 AM   #24
retrowagen
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by latershow View Post
Are you sure the early Elliptics were Austrian-made? I have three as mentioned above (graphite, kevlar, and ceramic) and all mine say "Designed in Austria" on the side of the throat. All have three pairs of mains through the bridge. The grommet on all my Elliptics is a flouro green colour (only in the bridge).

Do you know who Nicole Durr is, by any chance? Did she work for the Fischer Ski division mainly? Her name pops up on all my Elliptics, "Nicole Durr design".
Hmm. Good observation, and I don't have any definitive answer. One of my Elliptic Comps with the 1990 graphic also says "Designed in Austria" and shows a grip size sticker consistent with something made in Taiwan at the time. Then again, I have others from the same model, year, and graphic which state, "Made in Austria." ??????

I believe Nicole Dürr was a graphic designer who did some contract work for Fischer in the early 90's... like 1990-1992? On both tennis and ski, and I think she continued working on the ski industry as a graphic designer.

Hopefully someone with better information can offer some correction or substantiation...

P.S. How do you like your Elliptics? I'd love to hear your impression of them.