View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 06:21 AM   #4
TripleB
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollinger View Post
The problem is hubris. You're not 15 years old, shouldn't be playing so much. One doesn't deal with a swollen knee by putting on a brace and going out to play the next day. See an orthopedist and don't play for now.
It was for a state championship, we only had 3 members on our roster, if I forfeited my court it would have made my other members have to win in order to get the team win, and I wasn't about to let my team down when playing for a state championship...even if playing on only one leg. Thanks for the advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Given the circumstance I'd say you sprained your knee, which means you strained and/or tore one or more ligaments. Hopefully its not anything seriously torn but I would definitely keep icing it, 3 times a day for 20 minutes, and don't play anymore tennis till you see a doctor.
Thank you for your input and advice. I'll keep icing it and I plan to stay away from tennis for quite a while now.

One of my coworkers mentioned putting 'Tiger Bomb' on it...anyone ever heard of this stuff?

TripleB