View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 08:47 AM   #99
Bedrock
Semi-Pro

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrow1029 View Post
Ok. I will clarify.

First of all, it is very clear that if a ball falls out of a player's pocket, the first time it is a let, then each subsequent time it is loss of point. Yes that is critical.

A hindrance (let or loss of point) can only be called if the "hindered player" was actually hindered from making a shot he had a play on. A player is not entitled to a hindrance based on something that that player caused (i.e. hat falling off his own head, ball falling out of his own pocket). In the case of excessive grunting, only a chair/roving umpire can make the call as to whether it's a hindrance.

Of course, a player may call a hindrance against himself, and that is very good sportsmanship, but if he calls a hindrance against himself, it is a loss of point, and he is not entitled to replay the point. But it is the player that is hindered that needs to make the call. It's in the rules and the code.

You are right a let can be called by any player.

Everyone has to know rules before the start of the game.
What is the difference between first and second drop? (I do not see common sense)

For some player(for a lot of players) it is a big destruction if anything is laying on the tennis court.
And they do ask to remove it before start playing a point.
If ball or any other object arrives from outside of the court a let can be called. But the call suppose to be made immediately. Otherwise the game continues.
If obstacle(hindrance) has been created by a player the player losses the point.

However there is still no reference to the rule that makes exception for creating a first hindrance.

Last edited by Bedrock : 10-22-2012 at 08:50 AM.
Bedrock is offline   Reply With Quote