View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 09:45 AM   #9
ushynoti
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Chi Sin Lo View Post
It's cost effective because the gut outlasts multi as far as durability and playability go.

Since you're considering NRG2 mains, I'll try to break it down for you. Yes, the price of most gut is double that of NRG2. But you'll end up with a stringbed that will easily last you 4x that of NRG2 in terms of durability and playability. And if you're willing to take a chance and look beyond brand names, there are gut out there that cost the same as NRG2.

But, if you must stick with multi for whatever reasons, I'd recommend Head RIP Control. It was my go-to multi's until I discovered gut. Great pocketing, comfortable (though some may call it a dead/mute string), great tension maintenance, and durable for a multi.
I've tried a full bed of Head RIP Control when Head first introduced it many years ago, and I remember that it was an awesome string, I'm glad to see that it's still being made. Great point on the gut/poly blend outlasting in terms of both playability and durability. I've used full gut setups and it's definitely a ton better than any multi. Thanks for the insight!
ushynoti is offline   Reply With Quote