View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 09:02 AM   #787
bad_call
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigServer1 View Post
You may have gotten a couple of lemons.

In my building, reception is notoriously bad. T-Mobile, AT&T and Sprint get little, if any service. On Verizon, I'm consistently switching between a decent 3G signal and a weak LTE signal. It's constantly searching for a better signal, which is the worst thing for battery life. Even with that, I can get a full 24 hours, with 6-7 hours of actual usage and 18-24 hours of standby. I have everything enabled. Push email, push yelp, push social networks, and this includes web browsing, bluetooth, music streaming and some games as well.

When I'm at home on WiFi and a better signal, I'll get 8-9 hours of usage and 30+ hours of standby with the same usage mix, so I know signal searching definitely has something to do with it.

I'd take your phone into an Apple store, since you're covered for 90 days at least (unless you bought AppleCare+, then you're covered for 2 years.
experienced bad signals in Scottsdale area last time out that way. this just using voice calls...no fancy wifi (since owning "cheapie" phone). not sure why...maybe cause it's so dang HOT there. ...lol