View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 02:27 PM   #37
Choclit
New User

Update on Asics Racquets: there are several thousand of these racquets that have been sitting in a warehouse in Colorado for months. The delay was paperwork and legal stuff, which is apparently now done. I was just told a couple of days ago that a number of the racquets were shipped out last week to some teams and sponsored players, which leads me to believe that they will be available very soon. As soon as I get more info I will post it.

By the way, the reason I have access to the racquets is that they were designed by a top US player and he happens to own the club where I play so I have been able to work with early prototypes of the racquet as well as the finished one I use now.

Addressing a couple of other questions that have been asked: about the 109 - I just asked and it is targeted at a younger, harder hitting player. The 116 and 125 are designed for players that are in their 30s and older and may not swing quite as fast as a college player. The 116 is not a high power racquet but does have more power than some other racquets that I have tried. The 125 is oversized and has the added power typical of that type of racquet.

As for the comfort with the very stiff frame - that was a big concern for me when I first tried it. I tend to have tennis elbow problems, which is why I switched from Wilson to Prince about eight years ago. The Prince O3 series racquets are very easy on the arm. I play with the 116 an average of 2 1/2 hours a day, sometimes up to five hours and I have had absolutely no problems at all. I think the design gives these racquets a large sweet spot which helps.
Choclit is offline   Reply With Quote