View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 06:43 AM   #10851
JackB1
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Player View Post
Jack if you can handle the head extreme at 333, the blade will not be an issue. Honestly, if they lower the sw, i will be very very disapointed. I love these higher sw, lower static weight sticks. Both of mine are 331 and it is a perfect blend of power and control. I think it is a great racquet if you love the apd, but want the solid feel of a players stick and more control and flex. Ill definitley demo the open pattern, but i think i see myself staying with the 18x20 due to the feel and the control. I am able to really go after the ball on approaches and put it away with a lot of confidence, and i get more 1-2 finishes off my serve now.

The funny thing is that according to my friend, the ball has a lot more kick to it, and is tougher to deal with than when i use heavier open pattern sticks..i think it is the combo of faster head speed and that swingweight. I think if you saw my game you would probably imagine id play better with an open pattern, but for some reason i hit bigger shots with the closed.

Fuji i definitiey think the blade is a winner. How did the feel compare to the legendary prestige?
Whatever works best on the court wins out in the end...whether it's "logical" or not. You are probably hitting a heavier ball due to more racquet head speed...not the pattern. But patterns by themselves don't matter much...its all about the size of the squares in the middle. Some 16 x 19's have the same size squares as 18 x 20s due to the spacing on the crosses.

Yes I can handle the sw of the Extreme, but I don't know if I "prefer" it?. I tend to tire in later sets, especially in the summer and that's when the lower swingweight would help out. It seems like my magic # is 325.

I am currently in a quandary with my Extreme's because I have been losing matches horribly lately, even though I like the racquet, something about it is not translating to success on the court? The other night I lost 7-5, 0-6,0-6.
I can't remember the last time I got double bageled! I am going back to the Donnay F100 just to see if anything changes. I think the Donnay is more tweener like and user friendly for me.
JackB1 is offline   Reply With Quote