Thread: Clay Court GOAT
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 10:54 AM   #1192
kiki
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Lobb View Post
He had a lot of Hollywood friends, Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall, Debbie Reynolds, Frank Sinatra, Louis Armstrong, Sean Connery (a close friend, with whom he would share an apartment in Paris), Peter Ustinov, Kirk Douglas, Charlton Heston, Juiie Adams (co-star with Jimmy Stewart in "Bend of the River", whom he was photographed visiting on set in 1954).
Although Lauren Bacall and Debbie Reynolds lost husbands through death and divorce in the late fifties, there was no "affair" with Hoad, despite the circumstances and reports of the interest of the actresses.
Great character this Hoad.I know he was long time and happily married to Jenny but I guess, the guy was just a world wide sex simbol.

I remember how spanish press, even yellow press adored him , not just because of his close friendship with spanish players and living in the south of the country, but also because he helped so much the spanish team reach the DC finals...against Australia.He left big memories there and so did wife Jenny.