View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 12:41 PM   #10858
srvnvly
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
Whatever works best on the court wins out in the end...whether it's "logical" or not. You are probably hitting a heavier ball due to more racquet head speed...not the pattern. But patterns by themselves don't matter much...its all about the size of the squares in the middle. Some 16 x 19's have the same size squares as 18 x 20s due to the spacing on the crosses.

Yes I can handle the sw of the Extreme, but I don't know if I "prefer" it?. I tend to tire in later sets, especially in the summer and that's when the lower swingweight would help out. It seems like my magic # is 325.

I am currently in a quandary with my Extreme's because I have been losing matches horribly lately, even though I like the racquet, something about it is not translating to success on the court? The other night I lost 7-5, 0-6,0-6.
I can't remember the last time I got double bageled! I am going back to the Donnay F100 just to see if anything changes. I think the Donnay is more tweener like and user friendly for me.
I agree with Jack - my magic swing weight is mid-320s. I currently am down to 1 BLX Blade, and while I love the power and control, I played 3 times in 2 days and my arm/wrist was VERY sore. If the new 16x19 comes in around 11.3 or 11.4 oz strung, has low - medium power, and has a swing weight around 325, I may already have found a new racquet.
srvnvly is offline   Reply With Quote