Service Honda Elsinore 500AF - Vintage Tribute, State-of-the-art performance!
photo of 2010 model.
Inspired by the original 1974 Honda CR-125 and 250 with it's mean green and flash silver combination put Honda on the map with a look that was eye catching to say the least. Service Honda's Elsinore pulls the design cues from the original and handcrafts it around the mighty Service Honda 500AF 2-stroke powerplant. With colors that look this good it's going to make people's eyes pop out and jaws drop when you pull up to the line.
Service Honda has been creating “Handcrafted Works or Art” for over a decade and produces both 2 and 4 stroke models for all types of riding disciplines— Moto, Off-Road, Dual Sport or Motard and are even available in youth models! Service Honda creates these visually stunning machines as Brand New OEM models with financing available. Service Honda can also completely customize your bike for you as it’s being built up with every possible amount of trickery you would like to throw at it. Suspension Modifications, Works Power Engine Tuning, Custom Paint, Wheels and Tires, Aftermarket Billet and more. All backed with the quality and detail you’ve come to expect from Service Honda.
•New silicone coolant hoses molded specifically for the 500AF increase durability, provide improved fit, and enhance visual appeal.
•Reshaped works-style 240mm front brake rotor is 1.3 ounces lighter. Front disk guard is smaller, lighter and vented.
•New 240mm rear brake rotor features works-style pattern and is 1.0 once lighter. New plastic disc guard saves 4 grams of weight.
•New handgrip is 3mm longer.
Exclusive 500AF Features
• Bike can be custom built to your specifications prior to delivery.
• The quality, reliability, fit, and finish you expect from Service Honda.
• Slim design combined with minimal bodywork to emphasize the beautiful frame and powerful engine.
• Custom suspension using the latest technology tuned, specifically for you and your riding style is available as an option.
• Fourth generation twin spar aluminum frame and swingarm offers optimal balance of rigidity and strength for lighter, easier handling in widely varying riding conditions. The forged aluminum steering head and tapered downtube section are optimized for frame rigidity. Tall swingarm pivot plates and thin frame spars create a narrow overall frame cross section for superb rider comfort and maneuverability.
• Frame is matched to rider ergonomics to maximize handling and control operation.
• Semi-double cradle frame design features a single large diameter tapered down tube. Two rugged box section billet rails attach to the base of the downtube and support the powerful engine. A forged aluminum steering head provides a compact and extremely durable mount for the frame spars and engine downtube.
•Compact damper attached to the lower triple clamp and the steering head allows more aggresive steering characteristics and assists in straight line stability. Damping action smoothly progresses as handlebar deflection increases, wich produces very natural steering characteristics and feel.
•Front and rear wheels feature HRC works-type lightweight-aluminum spoke nipples.
•Revised, sophisiticated INverted Twin-Chamber Cartridge Fork.
•Front wheel features large-diameter front axel and wide wheel bearing span for excellent rigidity.
•Large25 mm rear axel diameter and large diameter bearings provide significant rigidity.
• Rrear shock with revised internal design and valving for better bump absorption.
•Large 50mm diameter rear shock damper piston for consistent damping.
• Gas tank capacity is 1.9 gallons
•Optional FMF Q-series or Pro Circuit 296 series silencer can meet current noise emission standards.
•Easy access air filter.
• Billet aluminum airbox front plate and machined billet aluminum hinges offer ease of air-filter maintenance and a strong hinge area.
• Washable two stage air filter for optimal engine protection and easy maintenance.
• Comfortable, durable controls and high-quality fasteners.
• Stainless steel clutch cable for long life.
• Removable rear sub-frame allows easy maintenance.
• Front disc brake cover helps protect rotor and caliper from damage.
• Chain guide material offers improved wear resistance, and service life is 5 times greater thantraditional materials.
• Quick-adjust clutch perch
• Adjustable front brake lever.
• Works-type handlebar grips add to rider comfort.
• Handlebar holders provide +/- 3 mm for or aft position to match rider preference.
• Aluminum Renthal handlebar (971 bend) is rubber-mounted to reduce rider fatigue and improve comfort.
•Dunlop D742FA front and D756 rear tires for good traction and cornering.
• Wide, cleated stainless steel footpegs are self-cleaning, resist corrosion, provide excellent grip and fold for extra ground clearance.
• Rear brake pedal and shift lever are made of lightweight aluminum and are designed to complement the riding position. Brake pedal features optimized ratio to match integrated rear-brake master cylinder design.
• “Non slip” seat cover for increased rider control.
• Seat cushion uses foam construction that follows the shape of the fuel tank , providing a smooth transition to increase rider mobility and comfort
• Rider ergonomics are optimized by adapting the handlebar, seat and footpeg height to place the riders legs at the narrowest cross-section of the frame for improved comfort and handling feel.
• All plastic body components (radiator shroud, side covers, rear fender, seat base, fuel tank, front fender, and front number plate) are designed to offer the slim, aggressive styling and light weight.
2010 Service Honda 500AF Elsinore Customized Features
Elsinore Kit (requires airbox mod)
Powder Coated Hubs
DID ERT Chain (hl,520ert-120l)
Service Honda Master Cylinder Cover
Wheel Modification Labor
Engine Type 500cc liquid cooled single cylinder two stroke
Bore and Stroke 89mm X 79mm
Compression Ratio 6.8:1
Induction Eight pedal reed valve
Carburetion 39mm flat-slide
Transmission Close-ratio five-speed
Final Drive #520 chain; 14T/48T
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES
Front Suspension 47mm inverted Showa cartridge fork with 16-position rebound and 16-position compression damping djustability; 12.4 inches of travel
Rear Suspension Pro-Link Showa single shock with spring preload, 17-position rebound damping adjustability, and compression damping adjustment separated into low speed (13 positions) and high speed (3.5 turns); 12.4 inches travel.
Front Brake Single 240mm disc with twin-piston caliper
Rear Brake Single 240mm disc
Front Tire 80/100-21
Rear Tire 100/90-19
Rake 27.50 degrees
Wheelbase 58.3 inches
Seat Height 38 inches
Ground Clearance 13 inches
Dry Weight 213.8 pounds
Fuel Capacity 2.0 gallons
Model ID 500AF5
Custom Bike Gallery
Order Service Honda Accessories
Service Honda Branded Parts
In The News
Service Honda Blog
Order OEM Parts
Motorsports Marketing and Development | NDESIGN
NSCA, CSCS, NASM. PES, CES
305 for 15 REPS, 470 one rep max BENCH PRESS