View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 06:32 PM   #7175
Breaker
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feņa14 View Post
I'm not really sure why he's so obsessed with it? All the changing of formations and partners could be one of the reasons why Kompany has looked poor so far.

Even if it did work, it doesn't seem like something that will make a huge difference anyway. It seems like a lot of work, with big risks, for very little reward (if any).
I'm not sure, honestly I think it could directly have to do with his poor European record since his normal tactics haven't really worked at Inter nor City in Europe, even in two tries at Europa league we didn't even get as far as Hughes did with a far weaker squad. With quite a few available managers who have good Champions league pedigree (Pep the most notable) it's important that at the very least the performances improve or he could find himself being replaced in the same manner he was at Inter,.

I agree that changing centre backs every week has affected Kompany as Lescott and Nastasic are completely different types of defenders, perhaps trying to find what works best before the difficult run of fixtures coming up (Spuds/Chelsea/Everton/United)
Breaker is online now   Reply With Quote