View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 09:26 AM   #28
Kevin T
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by heycal View Post
Boys, don't get your panties in a wad. I'm not considering these Nickelback and Dimehead or whoever flash-in-the-pan bands you kids listen to. Don't even know them. When I say "worst band ever" I clearly mean long-running, mystifyingly critically acclaimed acts.

And for the record, the correct answer here is "Chili Peppers". While both bands are horrible, just horrible, Chili Peppers are slightly more horrible. R.E.M. managed to fumble out one excellent song in their decades-long reign of terror ("Man on the moon") and maybe one other listenable tune, while the Chili Peppers are just 100% unremittingly unbearable.
Gotta listen to the early to mid 80's REM, Heycal. Tunes like "Radio Free Europe", "(Don't go back to) Rockville", "Fall on Me", "Finest Worksong", "I Believe", "It's the End of the World as we Know It", "The One I Love", "Orange Crush"...alternative/College rock at its finest. I agree that their popular stuff during the 90's isn't the best, IMHO.

RHCP live are fantastic. Last time I saw them was Coachella '07 and they still had it. You don't even like "Soul to Squeeze" or "Under the Bridge"? Great songs, even for someone who hates the Peppers. 'Californication' is a great album but 'Mother's Milk' in '89 introduced me to the band and is a sentimental fave.

Last edited by Kevin T : 10-29-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Kevin T is offline   Reply With Quote