View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 09:46 AM   #24
SQA333
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Nadal View Post
I know, this Rafa absense is really bad for his fans! . It is just ongoing and we miss him so much!. The fans of the other three are lucky as they do not have all these injuries like Rafa. I can see why people would like to have different people in the semis but I do like the top 4 rivalries. When these newbies get to the semis they can really get lost in the occasion and don't perform and get beaten easily.
Tsonga nearly took his semifinal to a 5th set at Wimbledon against Murray; likewise with Berdych against Murray (I believe Berdman actually had set points) in NY, and Djokovic would have lost had they continued playing in the windy conditions at the USO against Ferrer.

Last season Tsonga again played a great and very entertaining match against Djokovic in the semifinal at Wimbledon, and Ferrer nearly went up 2 sets to 0 against Murray in Australia.

Let's not forget in 2009, Del Potro (in his first 2 grand slam semifinals) was 2 sets to 1 up on Federer at RG, and famously gave Nadal his worst ever Grand Slam beating in New York.

Moral of the story: these "newbies" you speak of aren't that incompetent.
SQA333 is offline   Reply With Quote