View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 04:27 PM   #43
kiki
G.O.A.T.

[quote=BobbyOne;6982626]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki View Post
I like to see a Rosewall supporter that gives Laver full credit.Good for you, bobbyone.[/QUOTE

Thanks, kiki.

Even though I'm a Rosewall fan that does not mean at all that I diminish the great achievements of the other greats! And Laver is arguably the greatest of all!

I never was a biassed Rosewall fanatic as NDQ and Limpinhitter have insinuated.

In my calculations Laver would have won 19 open majors, Rosewall 24 , Gonzalez 25 and Tilden 27 or even more.

Laver has achieved the very greatest feat in winning three Grand Slams.

These four are my GOAT candidates because of their huge accomplishments, their playind strength and their "genius" game (touch and skills).

And, to do Dan a favour, I do believe that Hoad on his best day would have beaten all of them.
This is exactly my opinion, too.Hoad, on a good day is arguably the best ever tennis machine.I donīt think there has ever been a better quarter than that of 63 or 64, with laver and Rosewall at their peak, and Gonzales and Hoad, for different reasons, not at their peak but able to beat anybody on their good days.

I liked a lot the big four of the early 80īs and the early 90īs, but I cannot immagine more talent per square inch than that of 63 to 65.

Myself I admire Laver but I have a great feeling for Rosewallīs game.it is hard for me, it is like being asked if you love mom more than dad or the other way back, because I have had the privilge of watching both Laver and Rosewall and it is like listening to the best ever R&R band and the best ever jaz Quarter.

Laver was Led Zeppelin and Rosewall the Miles Davis quarter.I enjoy both.