View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 05:29 AM   #14
Ramon
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5263 View Post
Imo it is far more about your form. If your form leads to a tight grip at contact,
then imo you are more likely to get TE.
Yes, certain strings and rackets can put you more at risk if your form is not up
to par.
I don't deny that bad form can wreck your arm, but I don't think it's that prevalent among advanced players. Age and genetics have a lot to do with it. If you're playing with poly and have no problems, you can count yourself among those fortunate individuals with good genetics.

It's very tough to pick apart my form. It's almost textbook, and I don't grip tightly until contact. I've worked with the pro at my local club who was once a highly ranked tour player and has classic form. I think it's more of a matter of me taking fast swings and having thin bones and joints. I've done a lot to develop my muscles in those areas, but I don't know of an exercise that will build up bones and cartilage.

Bottom line is I can't think of ONE instance (forum, in person, or otherwise) where I heard anyone with a history of tennis elbow say that they improved their form and can now hit with a stiff frame and poly strings. On this forum, you can easily find dozens of testimonials from people who got rid of their tennis elbow simply by changing equipment.
Ramon is offline   Reply With Quote