View Single Post
Old 04-24-2006, 08:27 PM   #2
10ispro
Rookie

If you cant find anyone to hit with, I would do a clinic at Sea Pines. My Wife and I were there in early April and I did a clinic at Sea Pines, Palmetto Dunes, and Van Der Meer Shipyard.
Palmetto Dunes was a good work out, but not alot of instruction-more fluff and feel good comments and 90% of the Clinic was ball machine fed....
Much to my own shagrin, i actually ended up giving instruction to a few women in the clinic b/c they werent getting much feedback from the Pros--our trip was suppose to be my break from teaching, but I guess You cant escape work...lol

Van Der Meer was a good balance of instruction and hitting alot of balls, it was the biggest clinic I did all weekend (8 people). PD and VDM Did the same king of the court doubles game, which was annoying to me-mostly b/c I often do the same drills in my Clinics, except I do it with kids.

Sea Pines was the best one I did. It had the best mix of hitting,relavent instruction w/ actual corrections, humor and competition.
I also liked the facility better.

Palmetto Dunes has some Pro doubles round Robins I got asked to play in the following week, but We had to get back to MD to work.

As a Whole, there is alot of tennis available.
Port Royal is suppose to be nice as well, BUt I never made it to there due to weather.
10ispro is offline   Reply With Quote