10-31-2012, 08:27 PM
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
I guess this is the official NBA thread. I was posting on the other one. I posted this about the Lakers before their first game.
Originally Posted by soyizgood
I am not that sold on the Lakers. Then again, being in LA I am used to the Lakertards going oohs and ahhhs over any and everything Laker-related.
My issues with them:
* Brown is a DEFENSE-oriented coach that is not keen on running an up-tempo offense
* Brown is also a wimp. He can criticize the team and bench players, but Kobe, even with his 7-28 days, is uncoachable.
* Not enough balls for the big 4. Kobe will cramp Nash's ball-handling when forced into a half-court set.
* Free throws. Hack-a-Howard in effect.
* Hot heads. Kobe, Artest, and Howard are perennial technical foul magnets.
* Old legs. Kobe is running out of tricks to keep his knees working. Nash is headed for the same wall that struck Jason Kidd. Gasol doesn't mind being the 3rd or 4th option, but he can't be counted on to step up when it matters most.
* Defense and 3-point shooting. Lakers have been very sub-par in both areas the past two years. Howard doesn't do anything that much better than Bynum, while teams can go right past Nash. Not to mention Lakers can't figure out how to defend the pick-and-roll and kick-outs.
We shall see what happens.
"The two-hander is just a more secure ball." - Navratilova
Dunlop 4D 300/M-Fil 400/Aerogel 300. Babolat PS. 2HBH/Cheap Players club's CEO