View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 11:08 AM   #3
JAY1
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMF View Post
I don't like this "if" and "but" stuff. Many great players including today(Fed/Nole/Nadal) have lost some tough matches which you can argue that they could have won more. And at the expense of the players(who actually won the slam) is minimizing their wins.

I know some of the losses are tough to swallow, like when Fed fans have to deal with Fed losing to Safin in 05 AO after having a match point. But that's part of sport. Some players have to deal with tougher losses than the others, I can agree, but that's not going gain them anymore credit than they actually deserve.
Your missing the whole point.
What you say is well written but obvious. Any good tennis player will know in their heart of heart's, matches they should have certainly have won. Not close matches they can speculate about.
If you were/are a good tennis player, you will be able to put yourself in the players shoes and see it from their perspective.
Hence Connors lost two Slam finals in 1977, a closer one to Borg, but he should'nt have won, but should have won the US v
Vilas.
Anyway isn't this a 'Former Pro Player Talk'?! Why are you mentioning Federer?
JAY1 is online now   Reply With Quote