View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 07:37 AM   #56
jamesblakefan#1
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volleygirl View Post
Is there anyone out there who thinks Torontos DeMar DeRozan is anywhere near worth the 4 yr 40 million dollar deal he just got? An absolutely horrible offer for this guy IMO.
He's still a young guy with time to develop into an elite wing player. I think they're signing based off of the potential he's shown and not wanting to lose him for nothing. Not the worst deal ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood9826 View Post
The big hold up with the Harden contract. OKC already have Durant and Westbrook locked up. From what I read a team can only have 2 players on those 5 year deals. So OKC max deal could only have been 4 years. Add into the cap hit OKC would have lost all flexibilty.

And Im not even sure Harden really wated to stay there. Most players are not happy playing the 6th man role for the entierty of a cereer. I would in his position want a chance to prove myself as a starter. And maybe he was tired of Westbrooks gunning.
OKC messed up by locking down Perkins to a big deal. Especially since Nick Collison looks better than him at most times and is costing them far less. A friend of mine brought this up, they should have amnestied Perk this offseason and had plenty of room to resign Harden.
jamesblakefan#1 is offline   Reply With Quote