View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 09:36 AM   #44
catfish
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTRPolice View Post
I cant believe people are saying that grievance committee members are "unlisted" because of harassment. That's just hilarious.

Look, when someone goes to trial for something, literally everyone's who is involved has their name listed somewhere. Only in very extreme cases are names withheld. I'm talking about career criminals who have nothing to lose knowing the names of the prosecutors, judges, arresting officers, even the damn clerks.

And people on "grievance committees" are supposedly withholding their names because of potential backlash from players involved in grievances.

I mean, when you play a USTA league match, they have your first and last name as well as your captains. I suppose all of these "sore losers" are looking you up in the telephone book and calling your house about a bad line call you made a month prior.

Maybe USTA should blank out names from tennislink so people dont know your real name because they might harass you if you beat them.

LOL.

Chances are, if you cant find the names, you're looking in the wrong place. Think of it like finding the sex offenders in your area. You cant just call the local police station and expect them to start giving all this information to you. You have to look in the right place.
The names of the committee members who serve on a specific grievance do list their names on the grievance decision. Their contact information is not listed. Only the chairperson's contact info is listed. However, all of the members of local grievance committees are generally not listed on league websites.

You can laugh all you want about the harassment issues. I'm not saying people are scared for their lives. But they do want to avoid confrontation so they don't want their names posted everywhere. Frankly, it's hard to find anyone to serve on grievance committees year after year. Most people won't volunteer their time for such a thankless job. You have to have a very thick skin to do any work in USTA leagues, paid or unpaid.

I never dreamed that people would confront grievance committee members, but they do. Even in a large metropolitan area, the tennis community is small and everyone knows each other.
catfish is offline   Reply With Quote