Thread: No1e's Racquet
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 08:21 PM   #470
schap02
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakulie View Post
I could tell you without a shadow of a doubt the grommet code on his and stepaneks frame do not match that of a Radical MP. Its hard to see what exactly is the code of his frame, but it is a variance of one of the following:

TK221, Tk231,or Tk281. or "7" replacing the "1". The "k" appears to be backwards. Also, the middle "2" is very hard to read so it could be a 2, 3, 6, 8.

Now, this does not necessarily mean it is not a Radical MP mold. Could very well be with a different code. Holding both racquets in my hands (the joker and stepanek) frame, one thing is for certain,,,,,,, they are identical. To me, they seemed to closely resemble the Instinct, minus the ridges, and a few other stringers agreed. The frame simply looks thicker than the radicals, which is why it seems to more closely resemble the Instinct.
Drak - did you string any H19's or h22's in Cincy? I have a pair of h19's in the 18 x 20 pattern and I've spoken with several guys on Wilson's tour stringing team - they tend to think that Novak is still indeed using the same h22 mold he used at wilson....according to them my h19's are wilsons version of the pt57a....anyways, just curious, Novaks frame looks identical to my h19s with a thicker beam....