View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 10:53 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame
Chotobaka's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,359

Originally Posted by coachrick View Post
A 'Grommet Grinder' or square awl will grab the inside of the barrel and allow you to push and twist in the proper direction.

Having a broken grommet flying around loose inside the frame is an entirely different animal...we don't want to go there!
Nothing better than the right tool for the job. Note that these usually come in two sizes -- get both. I like the Kimony grinders. They get infrequent use but are indispensable for situations like this.
Chotobaka is offline   Reply With Quote