View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 07:11 PM   #11
FD3S
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Strongo View Post
I haven't yet got around to get myself a license (I've basically been throwing money away on games instead, it's probably time I act like a responsible 18-year old now...), but the RX-7 is something that's rather intriguing in my mind and I'm glad that they're planning to release a new one. I think the previous generation was a thing of beauty and I'm sure it drove pretty epically as well.

Now, if only teenagers in hoods would stop trying to impress pre-pubescent girls and their Fast and Furious-loving friends by ruining the body of every single one, and the CRX, and the older Skylines, and the Silvias, and the Supra, and that list just goes on and on.

The list just goes on and on, and I don't want a Porsche 944 as a first car (well, they're very cheap-ish, a few months work) but it seems the only viable option because it hasn't been ruined by a pimpled man who never once backed away from his car and thought "that looks absolutely horrible!".
No shame in dropping cash on games so long as you're having fun and nothing important is being neglected That said, driving is fun as hell and if the RX-7 caught your eye you've got excellent taste in cars!

First cars are always tricky - the temptation to buy something kick-*** right off the bat is strong! I was going to recommend the 240 SX as a good starter, but if all the ones around who have been defaced by ricers... Integras and RSX's are solid choices that look good and handle well, and have juuuuuust enough HP to be fun. I'd be biased toward the Mazda 3 as well (love my car) and if you can find one the first-gen Lancer Ralliart isn't a bad choice, either.

Just have fun with driving in general! Auto, manual, 4WD, FWD, whatever... so long as it's not rush hour traffic, being on the road is great.
FD3S is offline   Reply With Quote