View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 07:35 PM   #13
FD3S
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollinger View Post
Ever wonder why the rotary engine never caught on, why the German company that originated it sold the rights and why even Mazda doesn't use it in any other vehicles? Because it's inefficient garbage with poor throttle response, marginal emission controls, and miserable gas mileage. A new RX-7.1? Yawn.
Yeah, but the RX-7 was never built to designed to emphasize (or even address, really) any of the bolded points. Hell, the FD was pretty much their halo car by the end of its run, and we know how profitable those usually are compared to the econoboxes. If you bought the RX-7, you bought it for its obscene power/weight ratio and the fact it carved through corners like Fed carves through slices. For better or for worse, it's a driver's car, with the driver willing to take on a bunch of caveats for the sheer fun factor. If that's not your thing - and it's not for a lot of people - there are better choices out there.

Personally, I never got a shot at the model in my username, so I'm looking forward to this one.

Last edited by FD3S : 11-03-2012 at 07:38 PM.
FD3S is offline   Reply With Quote