View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 08:34 AM   #98
Fuji
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindysphinx View Post
If you look good while playing tennis, count your blessings, Fuji.

When I see myself on film (which has only happened 2-3 times), I am shocked at what a Hot Mess I really am. I mean, the knees are not bent. The arm comes down prematurely on the serve and there is no weight transfer. My shoes must have wads of gum under them, as they seem plastered to the earth most of the time. It seems to take me forever to reach a ball, and nothing before or after looks smooth. It is a friggin' miracle that I can put a ball in the court.

I try to remember this when things are not going well. If I am going to play like that, what can I expect?
Bahahah! Well I should say, my legs look good on film. I have pretty lazy hands which is a bad habit of mine, but my footwork is well above average for my level.

I know that feeling of looking slow on film. I saw a comparison between last March and this past September, and the difference is just huge. It seems like before I was just patting everything in! Now on video it looks almost as good as a TT 3.5...

Cindy, do you stay on your toes lots during the match? When I used to have not as consistent footwork, I noticed I was often stuck to the earth as you put it! It really helps with recovery to be on your toes!

-Fuji
Fuji is offline   Reply With Quote