View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 05:16 PM   #14
Mike Y
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatt_town View Post
Yea, we had this exact same arguement in another thread. I had a similiar situation where I hit a lob...initially thought it was short and told my partner to get back....he reversed and took two running steps towards the lob and once he saw it had a lot of top spin and he couldn't make it turned and tried to call a hindrance. I was having none of it for a couple of reasons. They as well as us had been doing that the whole match....He was about 6'9 and was heavy and we had lobbed them to death. So he was tired and that's why he tried what he did. I didn't honor it and we took the point. I understand rules but there has to be some sense of common sense in there. "You can't get two chances at the point" and that was exactly the language I used in the other thread. People want to at times massage the rules and use them when it's convenient. Maybe you didn't do that but I've seen quite a few people who do. A guy tried to call a foot fault at the end of a second set after I'd been serving and volleying for two sets and killing them with a 30 mph serve but was stinging vollies...I said okay...and took a step back did the same thing on the second serve. When I went to the other side and called it on him...he tried to raise hell. lol He wasn't even serving and volleying. So it backfired on him. He had both feet in the court but had the nerve to call it on me. lol This was doubles by the way. lol
I don't remember arguing this with you before so I think you have me confused with someone else. But if you tell your partner to get back when the ball is traveling toward your opponent and the opponent feel that he is hindered and stops play right then, then it is a properly called hindrance.
Mike Y is offline   Reply With Quote