View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 09:19 PM   #7
goober
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMTennis View Post
Sorry to revive a slightly old thread...
Likely going to a conference at Mayo Scottsdale in Mid January. Would like suggestions on resorts not too far away that has some tennis and things for my wife to do...The weekend we are there the Arizona Biltmore seems reasonable, curious on people's take on it?
Thanks in advance...
When you say Mayo Scottsdale I assume you are talking about the main hospital

The 2 closest resorts with decent tennis are Marriott Desert Ridge and Princess Fairmont. Both are about 5 minute drives from Mayo . Desert Ridge has 8 courts and some clinics/lessons. Several Mens and ladies teams also play out of there. The Princess has 5 courts and a good head pro. You can arrange privates but not too much as far as clinics going on. There is a doubles round robin that resort guests are allowed to play in on Saturdays.

If you are talking about the Mayo Campus on Shea, that is basically at the border of fountain hills. Not much out that way. Scottsdale Ranch park is probably the closest facility but it is a public tennis center. Copperwynd in fountain hills is pretty close, but the tennis scene is kind of dead from what I can gather.
goober is offline   Reply With Quote