View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 05:44 AM   #4532
mikeler
G.O.A.T.

OK, here is my review in the TW format of the Wilson Sensation Control 16.

Stringing was fairly easy although the slightly rough service made the crosses a little more difficult than with a smooth multi.

Tension it is strung: 54 pounds on a constant pull machine full bed
Your regular string set up: Discho Microfibre 54 pounds full bed
String pattern of your racquet: 16 x 18
Power (or lack there of): Medium/low powered multi
Feel: Average feel
Tension maintenance: I did not get a chance to measure the tension drop since it broke so quickly.
Price: $9.95
Overall comments and feedback: See below

General: This is a decent multi. Seems to have less pop than regular Sensation but more control.

Serve/Return of Serve: The lack of pop on serve made aces harder to come by. I did have a few yesterday in warm conditions which always helps move the ball. I returned pretty well with this string.

Strokes: Everything was about average here with spin, depth control and slice.

Volleys: Volleys were good but not great. Missed a few into the net that seemed to kind of fall off the strings.

Touch shots: My drop shots were OK at times.

Softness: It is definitely more firm than Sensation but in the Exo Tour feels comfy still.

Tension: I might be tempted to go down in tension 2-4 pounds if I had to try it again to gain some pop.

Durability: I got 3 sets of singles and 1 set of dubs before they snapped. It really gave no warning that it would break soon. I'm sure these would have lasted longer in another racket.

Movement: String movement was less than some of the recent multis I've tested in the Exo Tour.

Conclusion: There are better mid-priced multis out there than this one but it is a decent string nonetheless.
mikeler is offline   Reply With Quote