View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 05:47 AM   #38
ten11
Rookie

Default String test feedback.

Tension used for playtest: 57/53 on Neos 1000 lockout
Regular string set up: mamba iontec 17g 52lbs /mcs 17g 54lbs
Racquet brand and model used for test: head pro tour 280
Power of test string: about right. This string plays very well on my pt280. Enough power to hit deep with control. It is not a powerful string but definitely not low powered.
Feel: good. I like the feel part. I really can feel my forehand volley and ground stroke. I can hit very controllable shot with the string.
Spin: fine, I hit mostly flat during play test. But for my BH and some of my FH hit with topspin, I can see the ball has decent spin coming from the shot. I will rate it decent in spin production.
Comfort: very good. Best part of this string. Enjoyed very much in a dense pattern racket strung in mid 50lbs.
Durability: good.
Playability Duration (share thoughts on if/how the playability changed over time): Today I hit 7th hours with the string. I have not feel much difference with the string yet. The power, control and feel still plays very same as the fresh job.
Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?): definitely had good time hitting with this string. when I hit FH through the ball, I can feel the ball and see the ball go deep with some pace. On my BH, the lift up definitely see the ball come up with spin. Volley also feel very good. very crisp and good control. I have pretty good power come off the serve.
Compare to the string you use most often: It definitely plays better than mamba iontec/mcs hybrid job. I always feel something is missing from that hybrid job but there is nothing I really don't like about this kirschbaum orange. For $89 a reel, this will be one of my favorite strings.
Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?) 57 main/53 cross plays really well in 18x20 98 sq in. pt 280. pt280 is a flex racket so I actually feel the bed is not stiff at all. I might move up 1-2 lbs if I do it again.
Summary: The things I like is the overall performance. I don't have anything I do not like about this string. In particular, the comfort and feel is outstanding.

Last edited by ten11 : 11-05-2012 at 09:04 AM. Reason: add stringing machine type.
ten11 is offline   Reply With Quote